All Asbestos training complies with the Department of Employment and Labour’s new Asbestos Abatement Regulations 2020, Regulation 7 (3), (4) and 5.
In the case of removal of asbestos or repair of asbestos-containing materials, as contemplated in regulation 12, the employer must ensure that all supervisors and employees are adequately and comprehensively informed, instructed and trained in both practical and theoretical knowledge.
As per the requirements of the new Asbestos Abatement Regulations 2020, this training will be conducted in one 8-hour session.
The Apex Environmental Asbestos training course will cover the follow aspects:
- the OEL and its meaning;
- the importance of good housekeeping at the workplace, fall protection, the correct use of personal protective equipment and personal hygiene;
- the contents of plans of work regarding the handling, removal and temporary storage of any asbestos-containing material;
- the correct use of control measures to limit the spread of asbestos dust outside the regulated asbestos area;
- the control measures to limit the exposure of employees inside the regulated asbestos area;
- procedures to be followed in the event of accidental spillage, disturbance or any other similar emergency situation likely to result in the release of asbestos dust;
- procedures for reporting and correcting failures of control measures likely to result in the release of asbestos dust; and
- the safe disposal of asbestos waste.